Sunday, November 16, 2014

31 days left I guess..?



This is from my last area, in Sta. Ignacia, a family of recent converts who I totally miss! (apologies, this is literally the only pic I have to send, but we have an activity mamaya so I'll send some next week!) :)


Holy cow. Time, is so weird! Like, looking back, it's like, "Wow. Two years." Like it has felt like forever. But then I really think about it and I'm like "Wowwwwwww two years!" haha and it is the weirdest thing! It is weird to think that my time as a full-time missionary is coming to its close. I cannot imagine my life right now had I not served. Oh man I would be such a loser. I have seen so much and learned so much from this mission and from the people and my companions and leaders, it has been the greatest experience ever. 

This new area I'm in is the first time in my whole mission where I've gotten to a new area and just felt a strong confirmation that this is where I am supposed to be. This branch is struggling, and my companion has been struggling too because he's been stuck here for 6 months now, and now he's killing me, which means he'll be here to the end of this transfer and at least another one. So he's been worn down. And to top it all off this is still his first area. Poor guy...so I've just been trying to bring a whole ton of energy and optimism into this area, and I've seen his attitude starting to improve. We'll see. Yesterday at church our meeting house had no electricity because our branch president didn't pay it. Talk about embarrassing, I do not want to bring investigators to church here. But I've been  trying to apply everything I learned as a zone leader into working with the leaders here. Man talk about a great way to die in the mission! It's definitely keeping me on my toes, and not trunky ;) 

All righty, well I've gotta make some reports :/ but I love you all! Thank you so much for all of your support, and I am so happy to see you guys soon :) Love you!

-Elder Rand 

1 comment:

  1. We are proud of Elder Rand. He has served so well and blessed so many. We are excited to see him soon.

    ReplyDelete