Thursday, August 14, 2014

This is the Long Letter You Have Been Waiting For

Family! Hahaha dad, those shallow promises will now reach fruition. This is the beginning of my letter. 

So I guess I will answer questions first. The weather here has been more pleasant than it has been in the past few weeks. I have seen the sun this week! I wore dry clothes! Haha and right now, it is slightly cloudy, with scattered sunshine ;) Our apartment is pretty nice, in terms of third-world country missionary standards. As in, we have a flushing toilet (yes!) and a door that locks (bonus). It's also got the fewest mice than any apartment I've had before, besides Baler. So I've got that goin' for me. Mom, my socks are holding up, I shouldn't need any until I go home. And as for me...

I am doing well! I am super excited, because Pres. Ardern, the Seventy, is touring our mission this week, and on the 19th zone leaders and sister training leaders have a mission leadership council with him! So that should be really really cool. Another cool thing I've been doing, I started reading the D&C backwards a couple weeks ago, starting when I had 138 days left. So if I read a section a day, it's like a spiritual countdown for me :) Right now I am on section 124, soo....124 days left. Holy cow. 

Let's see, what else....ah so we should be having two more investigators baptized this upcoming Saturday! Their names are Samuel and Joshua, they are cousins of this really awesome sister, whose husband left her. She is a super strong member, so this was really cool for her to help them be baptized. Hmm yesterday two of our investigators missed church, because of the price of fare. Ahhh third-world problems...honestly, do you want to know the two problems that keep people from being baptized here? 1. Coffee. 2. They can't read the Book of Mormon because their eyesight is shot, and they can't get glasses. There's actually a lot more than that. Like fare. But those are the two biggest problems I've noticed. But I tell you what, nothing gives you a better perspective of our blessings until you've experience first hang things like this. I'm sure dad has experienced it too in his business trips, and mom, from the stories you tell me from your childhood, I can totally relate to your family's circumstances. Missions are the best. 

Well, your guys' letters are awesome. Sounds like life is going great for you all. Aleigha, dance? Social! (That means 'fancy' here). And yes! I totally remember mom and Caitlin getting all over Kimo for trying to use the 9x9 pan! Yeah, remember when mom chastised ME for getting pushed down the driveway in that plastic red car? Hahaha oh man, I have no regrets. And remember that one time we started that fire in the backyard, and dad came outside all of a sudden and we like destroyed that fire to cover it up? And Maile, parang astig yung panaginip mo! Haha baliw ka talaga. Isalin mo ito sa google translate ah. At malalaman mo yung sinabi ko ;) Anyway, Aleigha I expect you to update me on popculture. I don't want to be a 2014 kid when I get back, I gotta be updated! I remember one of the last movies I saw was Les Mis! Update me! Hahaha....

Okay, well I have a few pics to send, the one attached here is from our FHE with the sisters in our ward at Bishop's house. That little girl is his daughter, and she is the most adorable thing. 

All right, but I love you guys. Thanks so much for everything you do. I guess this letter wasn't over-the-top long, but I hope it's sufficient. I did write this letter first this time, BEFORE all the reports, so if you have time I can definitely reply a bit. I love you again, and mom I think I am good with stuff, I only have 4 1/2 months left. Unless! Ohhh maybe some muscle milk..? Just if you can, I don't need it, so please don't worry about it if you can't. Thanks mom :)

Okay, peace.

Elder Rand


So this pic is from our service project this week, which was aactually a really cool project. One of the bishopric in our ward is also a barangay kapitan in one of our areas, which I guess in English is village captain. It's basically the highest political position in a barangay (village). So he wants all of his community to come together, and so he's been asking every religion to participate in garbage clean-up. And from the feedback from the community, the "Mormons" have done the best job. In fact this one old nanay came up to the kapitan and told him that she wants her children to join this Church just because of the awesome example of service that our zone gave. Sweet! BTW this pic is our whole zone. :) 


So this is Sis. Larson. Ahem. She is from St. David. And uhhh....well they say a picture can speak a thousand words. So I think you guys will understand this one without an explanation... 



No comments:

Post a Comment