Monday, July 28, 2014

Fam!

Okay, so I took my camera everywhere this week, but didn't have very many opportunities to take pics. But I tried. So I'll put a few on this email :) 

Well I am glad to hear from you all. Aleigha, just FYI I have of course heard of the EFY Medley, we had a missionary choir in Angeles Zone and sang at a fireside, super powerful. And that's nuts how busy it is for you right now! Hang in there! 

Mom I have actually been thinking about going to Snow College again. I keep getting talked into it by missionaries who have studied there. I hear nothing but awesomeness about that school. Hmmmm...

Okay, so answers to mom's quetions. I am doing awesome!! It was a great week, full of hard work and good vibes. I am still in Santa Ignacia, and this may actually be my last. Zone leaders tend to stay in an area a lot longer than others. We'll see. It is still pouring rain about every day, my clothes never get dry, for you see we have no dryers, merely the sun. And the sun doesn't shine in rainy season. I haven't seen the sun for a few months now. So we come home soaking wet, put wet clothes on the next day, and it is gross, but an adventure, right? :) My shoes, I bought a cheap pair of rubber shoes so my leather ones don't get ruined. My socks are holding up :) There are 20 missionaries in this zone, and one of them is a sister from St. David! So super close to us actually. 

Mom, thanks for the story, that's cool perspective. That's definitely one thing this mission has taught me though, is perspective perspective perspective. I've studied the Celestial Kingdom so much lately, and sometimes I feel like I will only ever be good enough to enter the Terrestrial Kingdom, it is such a battle for the short existence we have here. Will I be good enough? That is the question. What am I doing everyday to deserve a spot there? Anyway, that's what's been on my mind of late. 

Dad, I cannot believe it, I have 20 weeks left. 20 p-days. You will get 20 more letters from me and then I will be speaking with you face-to-face. RHYSRth that's weird. Haha that's funny about Ty Bingham's language study material. I've done the same thing trying to learn Ilokano, and taken some of Iglesia ni Cristo's materials. It helps! Haha..And good news about the hunt. That's like a couple weeks before I'm home. GOOD NEWS. We'll be feasting on venison. And to your questions, yes typhoons are the norm here. They stop being terrifying after the third one or so, which happened to me when I was on the coast in Baler. Tin roofs flying everywhere chopping things in half. Heheh you just gotta keep a sharp eye open ;) and yes! My companion is seriously the best I've had my whole mission. 

Maile, thanks for writing dude! I'm glad middle school isn't too bad, I know it's got a bad hype to it. Just enjoi ^_^ Cowabunga dude! 

Okay, so I guess to end I will tell you all about my Sunday yesterday. Okay just FYI Sundays are the WORST in the mission. They are just super stressful and NOT relaxing at all. But anyway, so yesterday our sacrament started and we were texting and calling our investigators because we had ZERO investigators at sacrament meeting. Not good. So we were super depressed, and just sent out a mass text to all our less-actives and investigators asking them to go to church. And we were just sitting on this bench all sad and stuff and then the door opens and one of our really progressing investigators walks in crying because her husband had abused her for wanting to go to church but she decided to come anyway. Then another walks in with her nana, who's a recent convert. Then our family walks in and they bring one of their friends we've been teaching, and she finally went to church!! So we had six investigators attend church yesterday when we were planning for four. Super cool. Thanks for all your prayers, they work :) 

Okay, well that's my email to y'all today ;) I love you so much. Thanks for your support! Next week again! 

Love,
Elder Rand 

PS This pic is from our FHE last Monday, and six of the people in the picture are investigators! (Four of them went to church yesterday!) 


This is my sad little home-made breakfast burrito. I learned how to make flour tortillas this week since the Philippines doesn't believe in tortillas. 


This next one is the umu we cooked. That's the Tongan form of kaluah pig. So, yeah. We feasted. Oh my gosh it was so good, and I know how to cook meat underground now. Elder Faka'osita of course taught me, and he is doing so much better. In the picture it is unburied already, so just FYI it is cooked under ground. Heh. Okay bye. 


{Something happened to this pic when he sent it...}

No comments:

Post a Comment