Sunday, July 20, 2014

Catching up for July...

July 6th
Hello family! So I am super sorry, this letter might be short, my comp and I are editing a video for the school of elders tomorrow at our Mission Leadership Council, which is in Tarlac with President Clark and all of the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders. AND I still have to do all of my reports. Heheh. Ohhh man. Mom, I liked your letter. It helps a lot to know that this is all normal. And yesh, to answer your question, I have met with President Clark a few times since he's gotten here. He's from Salt Lake originally, but he's coming from Illinois. He is an awesome guy. Yesterday my companion and I met with all the stake leaders, and we and President Clark had a meeting to coordinate our goals with theirs. It was super cool. I really love being a zone leader, you get to get so much experience like this in councils and reporting, ahh it's the best. And my zone is awesome. 

Sooo 4th of July. You know what's sad? I totally forgot about it because I had the worst LBM of my life. Diarrhea from hades or something. For like 2 days I was pooping my guts out. Oh my gosh it was the worst thing I've experienced in my life, I almost pooped my pants like 7 times in lessons. But! It's gone now ;) Whoooo....

Likewise, there are so many flippin' ways to die in this area. A few people got killed by lightning a few weeks ago, an old lady got bit by a cobra, some people died from high blood, one from a stroke, I mean holy cow! I was in a tricycle that almost crashed. And yesterday, I was walking on the LEFT side of the road and a huge van almost hit me because he was overtaking from the right side of the road! I was ticked! And then my fever/explosive diarrhea experience. But man this area is awesome :) But heck, I am so sick of rainy season. When it rains, it pours, and we get soaking wet for the rest of the day, and those clothes don't dry out for a few days because it's so humid. When it doesn't rain, it is super hot, and super humid. Bleh. I can't wait for AZ weather. Hot, but DRY... ahhhh....

Dad, thanks for the pics! Awesome. I miss America. And I am glad you all got home okay, even though dad got stuck in Boston :/ 

How are you all?? How's EFY Aleigha? I think I will probably transfer to BYU after LDSBC. So you should look into it too :) Maile, thanks for writing too! :) Maile, I will be straight up honest, I hated middle school, but that's cuz of the friends I had, or rather lack of friends. You'll be fine cuz you have a lot of friends with you :) 

All right, gotta run, but I love you all so much. The internet suck here, but I'll try to send a few pics after reporting. Love you! Thanks for everything :)

July 13th
Fam!
I really liked your letters this week parents, thanks :) What is the story of Saturday's Warrior? It sounds really cool but I have no idea what it is. And Aleigha! You're going on a mission!! Ahhh that's so cool! I hope you come here! Then we could speak Tagalog and stuff! Hahahaaa..Maile, happy happy birthday dude! Man so much stuff is happening over there!
As for here, let's seeee....
So we have a baptism happening this saturday :) yay! Her name is Sheryl, her entire family are recent converts, and she's finally started going to church and taking lessons, so for the last few weeks her progression has been awesome. Mission Leadership Council was a full day mom, from 9 in the morning to 9 at night on Tuesday, and then a morning devotional on Wednesday morning. SUPER cool. It is awesome because my entire MTC district (except for one Elder) are all zone leaders, so we got to hang out at MLC. It's super cool. My batch is the best haha :) Anndddd what else. Hm. Ah. Please keep Elder Faka'osita in your prayers..he is also my batch, and we're housemates with him and his comp. They were at a service project yesterday and he got sliced on his foot with a rusty machete. His foot is swollen now and super infected, and he has a fever and can't walk. So please pray for him. Ahh I hope he'll be okay..He's from Tonga, and I keep thinking of that part in "The Other Side of Heaven" when that guy slices his leg open and dies. AHhhhh but that won't happen.
Anyway, I think this is kinda a boring letter, but I don't have anything else to write about :( But I love you all so much! And I am so happy for our family, that Cait's getting sealed/endowed, and Aleigha's gonna serve a mission. We're the best :) Heh, all right, stay classy family :)
Love,

Elder Rand

July 20th
Family! 

Okay, so I will try to answer all of mom's questions first:

Haha I am doing great mom :) And yes that typhoon came through and ripped things up a bit, but our zone didn't get hit to bad, we were on the outskirts of the big storm. We just had a bit of flooding and heavy heavy rain. My comp and I are great, and things at church are improving a lot. This ward is the strongest ward I have been assigned in my whole mission. Super cool! My finger is healed, and has nno problems, just a gnarly scar :) I am staying healthy, bought some things to do p90x more fully and have been doing that, but it's not a steady schedule because most of my day is full now. Elder Faka'osita! He is doing awesome, he has healed very well, and has no problems with it...for now. Thanks for supporting him family, you guys are awesome! 

Now for dad, our baptism was a success! Yay! Her recent convert brother got to baptize her :) So that was a super spiritual experience for them both. 

So I don't really remember how a ward functions in America. You know, you always hear that the Church is the same every where, that it is unviersal, and that's true, but it doesn't function as well as it does in America and in other countries (from my perspective of the Church in the Philippines). Home teaching has been a problem in the entire Philippines, with visiting teaching a little bit better. I have personally seen corruption in leadership on my mission, and have been able to do nothing about it. I am just so excited to see how a real ward functions in America. I know even in Arizona, we had problems, and young men were kind of scarce, but it has so many fewer problems than here. Just don't take for granted the Church in America. And liekwise, I am also super curious about how missions function in America. I might write someone over there....hmm...

Okay, so I apologize for the length and quality of this letter, but I really have to go, but this week I will write a letter in advance and just type it up next monday. Ahhh too many reportsss...heh heh, I love you all! Enjoy the sister missionaries, and let me know if they're cool and stuff... ;) Mahal ko kayong lahat!! 

-Elder Rand



No comments:

Post a Comment