Monday, June 30, 2014

Family_1234

Good hapon dudes. Mom and Maile! Thanks for your letters! I really did appreciate them no matter how long they are, so don't worry. And dad, thanks! Vegas looks awesome! Hahaha but anyway, enough about that. This week has been killer. Just adjusting to the most diligent and obedient time of my mission. So many reports, phone calls going late into the night, and so much less time in the day. But I can honestly say this is the best time of my mission, I've been calling it the Golden Age because of how much I love it. My companion is so dang cool, we just get along so well. The area is so spread out, I could honestly say we walk more than a couple of hours a day to and from appointments, but somehow we still manage to average about 10 lessons a day. It seems like everyone here is just golden! I feel so blessed, seriously. "After the trial comes the blessings" right? As a zone leader it is pretty much a given I will never have a horrible companion again. This is honestly the best time of my mission. I'm trying hard right now to earn the respect of my zone, and for the most part it's been working. There's one elder who just stepped down from being a zl because he leaves this transfer and so he just doesn't give a dang about anything we say, but it's okay because he's going home soon :) This is just such a humbling experience, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel inadequate. But I'm doing the best I can. President Martino just went home earlier this morning and I am really going to miss him. He was such a mighty leader. But President Clark seems like a real good guy too, we're having a conference on Saturday to meet him. And then in August and October we're having mission tours by general authorities!! So I'm super excited for that. Hmmm...well I still have to do a lot of reporting, so I think I might call this good. But happy Independence Day America! Maile, it is close to your b-day too, happy birthday in advance dude. I love and miss you all! Ah so there is only one pic attached here, it's from our zone meeting earlier, and that's me and three of my batch who I was with in the MTC. It's cool because anywhere I go I have batch, because 30 of us came here together. All right! I love you all! Stay safe, and enjoy the fireworks if there are any. Till next week! 

-Elder Rand


No comments:

Post a Comment