Monday, April 14, 2014

Same area, Same comp

Family! :) 

Oh my gosh. So I'm with my comp for another transfer, same area, same everything. But thankfully this week has been packed full of the spirit, and that's put everything in perspective for me, especially the temple.

So I didn't get to see the new new one, but the old new one. Does that make sense? Hahaha but oh my gosh, it was so deep and amazing. And not only that, but I got to witness a couple of sealings. They were so cool, even though I didn't really know the people, because they were from Elder Stenquist's first area, it was still an awesome experience. I needed it so much. 

And then conference! My gosh, all the talks were so good. Oh but wait, so mom you asked about when I had an experience teaching the resurrection. Hahaha so many, but the most recent and the one most fresh in my mind is this. We're teaching a young single mother, and she's got two kids. So we're teaching her the start of the Plan of Salvation, and she goes, "I think I already know what happens to our spirits. We come back, like as a spirit animal." I was like 'what the....' and then she says "yeah, like reincarnation or something like that, right?" And I was like ohhhh nope. 'Actually, let's look at what happened to the Saviour, and what that means for us.' And we went through the resurrection, and afterwards she was soooo joyful, because she realized she would get to be together with her husband again someday, through the Grace of Christ and the Gospel, and not come back as a butterfly. She just had the biggest smile when she understood it. We were so happy for her too. Just a cool little experience haha. 

Dad, I am so stoked for you to go to Alaska, keep me updated of the hunt! How long will you be up there for? Are you taking your .308? That's pretty cool, how big are the bears gonna be? What kind of ammo are you gonna use? I imagine 150gr might not be enough to take a bear down..? Man I am so excited for you...bleh..and that is so dang cool you're gonna get a rug made! Arrghhh! If you get a wolf or two, you should made a coat. Hahahahaha...ah!

Mom, I don't think I need anything, except some socks would be nice. I bought like three packs like two transfers ago, but my housemate who just transferred I think took most of them :/ So it would definitely help hahaha :) I am using that oil stuff you sent me, even though it smells like old people. I like that green bottle one's smell a lot better haha ;) Oh but could I just request some twix? Thanks so much mom :) By the way!! We are so close to skyping again!! Can you believe it's been 4+ months already since the last time we skyped?? I am so excited! Anyway...I gotta go. But I hope you guys liked the pics. I love you all! Please know I am alive and well :) 

Love,

Elder Rand



So this is me and Stenquist and a few others, we bought ice cream from this awesome place that gives it to you in a coconut bowl, and drizzles it with coconut syrup stuff, and has slices of young coconut at the bottom of the bowl. It is soooo good! Don't worry, we don't eat it all the time, actually that's the first time. Hahahaha ;) 



This is our ward mission leader getting his mission call! He's going to Cavite :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment