Monday, March 24, 2014

Priesthood Power

Hey guys!

So this week has been prettty cool. Today we hiked Mt. Arayat, and it was killer. Like, at least 3x as strenuous as Picacho Peak. It was nutss hahaha I almost died. But it was so cool up at the top, I'll send some pics if I can, this computer is having technical problems..anyway!

So I had a really really cool experience this week. There is this less-active RM in our ward, and he makes about $2/day. He and his wife are supppper poor. So his wife is due in April, so it's close now. So we get a phone call from him, and he asks us if we can give his wife a blessing. We say yes of course and head over as soon as we can. Once there we try to figure out what's going on, she's not really saying too much, just that her stomach is really hurting. So I give her a blessing, and while I'm giving it I feel impressed to tell her that the delivery will go smoothly and she and the baby will be healthy. I had no idea why I said that, because she's not due until April. Then we leave, don't really think too much of it. We went back two days after, and hours after that blessing she had given birth to their baby. And because they are so poor it was in their house, without a doctor or nurse or anything. And everything went fine! It was the coolest thing. I can't tell you how many things have happened in this mission that have given me a firm testimony of the Priesthood. It is such a humbling experience being here, so amazing. So that's my cool story of the week.

As for our investigators, we have two new amazing people. They came from referrals, and they are such cool people.

I'm glad you guys got to go to the temple. Speaking of which, Elder Stenquist and I might be going to the Manile Temple, we're waiting for the approval from Pres. Martino, but it looks like it's a go! We'll see.

Dad, I am super stoked for you to go hunting!! I think that would be totally awesome if you got a wolf tag, because you never know, right? Mom, I haven't tried my debit card yet because I think I took $200 out in Dec, isn't that right? I think. And I did get all my pairs of insoles, thanks so much!! They help A LOT. I don't think I'll need anymore before I go home, but I'll let you know. :)

Aleigha and Maile, have fun at school! I am so sorry I don't have time to write you guys today, but I have read both of your emails, thank you!! :) I love all of you so much, please say hi to everyone for me :) 

Love,

Elder Rand

No comments:

Post a Comment