Monday, December 23, 2013

Family!! :) Merry Christmas!

Hey guys!! So yes, it is really really close to Christmas! Not gonna lie, it totally does not feel like it in this weather. Haha but I know it's coming! Mom, please please please do not worry too much about my package, I am totally okay if I get it a little bit late :) Thank you so much for all you do for me mom and dad :) I do have a slight problem, but only slight. My camera is slowly deteriorating and I think it's gonna die soon. The lens like can't open anymore and the touch screen broke. But please please do not worry about this. I can make do without a camera! I will just have my friends send pictures they take with their cameras to my email. 

Anyway, I am so sorry. I always have so much to say to you guys and comment on but I always, always forget. And then the whole week until p-day I'm just thinking "I should've said this or that". So I am really really sorry if my emails stink..

Dad, that new book series sounds SWEET. I have an addiction to deep gospel doctrine. My personal studies have been insane lately. And I cannot wait to be able to read books outside of the missionary library. Like Articles of Faith by James E. Talmage. But man if you have any deep doctrine you could write me about that would be way cool. 

Mom, sounds like your party was cool! That is way cool you had that many non-members attend! It really is exciting how much the work is picking up all around the world. And the cool thing is, President Martino told us in one of our meetings I don't know if I will live to see the Second Coming, but I would be surprised if you didn't see it in your time." This is coming from one of the coolest, most righteous men I have ever met. Oh gosh his workshops are so interesting. I get to go to District Leader Council every other month and went last month for the first time and just the things he says and the things he knows he is able to convey with such a powerful spirit. It is amazing listening to him speak. Anyway, I'm sorry my thoughts are so scattered right now. But this has a point. The gospel needs to be preached to all the world before Christ's Second Coming, but not everyone who hears it has to accept before He can come. And so in seeing everything that's going on, there are about 5 things from the revelations in the scriptures that still need to happen before Christ can come again. Five things! That's not very many. So this time is just..crazy. So exciting.

Anyway, so my week has been a roller coaster, but just about every week is like that I suppose. My companion found out he's going back to Tacloban Mission, and so I think he's kind of given up on the work here so I feel like I'm doing everything. But at the same time I know he's my companion for a reason. I've been working very hard on developing Christ-like attributes, which in my previous areas I didn't really focus too much on. But lately I've just felt like that's what I've been needing to learn. President told me last transfer "I hope you're learning what you're supposed to from all these companions", (last transfer I had 3 different comps). So I figured this is what I need. 

Our baptism is continuing but we found out it won't go to us, it counts as a child of convert because he's 8 years old and his parents are LA members. But we talked to our BP before, and Edmar doesn't have a record so he said the baptism would be ours, but the mission said no haha, so I won't have any baptisms until January at least. Our area is super hard in getting new investigators and the ones we have now aren't progressing too well. I guess in the past the church here has had some drama and problems that the people in Bamban have noticed and don't want to associate with the CJCLDS. :(  

So that's where we're at! I am so excited to talk to you all this week! I wish you all a very merry Christmas! 

Love, 

Elder Rand :) 

1 comment: