Saturday, October 5, 2013

Picha's ;)

Haha! So these pics are from our hike to Bazal Falls, which ended up being a lot farther than we thought it would be, and we didn't actually make it to the falls. BUT we are going to another, closer, set of falls today :) It was so insanely beautiful though, we were seriously in the middle of nowhere, and just pure jungle all around. It was amazing! And also, there's a picture of me with lucky charms. Don't judge me! This is the first time in almost 7 months in the Phils. where I have had milk, and cereal (let alone both put together!!). Both of which are near impossible to get. But the senior couple here, the McCord's, had their daughters come and stay with them for a few weeks, and they brought a ton of cereal over from America which was the greatest thing EVER. Then they got milk in Angeles City and brought it over here for us :) So wonderful. 

So this week has been great! My companion, Elder Ofiana, is progressing very well. We had a problem the last few weeks with investigators attending sacrament, so I consulted the zone leaders, and me and my companion came up with an action plan, and it actually worked! We committed each one of our investigators to go to church, and taught an extensive lesson about what happens at church, why it's important, etc. to each investigator, and just follow-up every day, and yesterday we had 5 investigators attend sacrament, and 76 people total attend. When I first arrived here, attendance was around 40. This is just showing how much the work is progressing! And that's what was supposed to happen when they put two more missionaries here, it was supposed to double the work. So I think we're starting to see the fruits of our labors, which is a relief because it's been pretty high pressure for me the last couple of months in getting this new area set up and able to thrive. So it's exciting! 

Anyway, how are you all? That's cool you guys had that staycation :) Kinda jealous ;) And hunting season! Ahhh gosh I wanna go so bad. I just miss shooting and going out to the desert and ahh man I miss it all so much! But it's okay, soon enough right? ;) Anyway, dad hope you're enjoying Singapore! (are you still there right now?) That's so close to me, that's so weird..How was the plane ride? Mine wasn't too bad, even though the total travelling time was like 24 hours, I just slept the whole way :D Well hey, I love you all so much! Please say hi to the other siblings, they've all stopped writing me again haha ;) Thank you so much for all of your support! I can feel your prayers for me :) Be safe, and girls don't forget to read your scriptures! ;) 

Mahal Ko Kayo,

Elder Kendric-wait for it......


RAND

---





No comments:

Post a Comment