Sunday, September 22, 2013

Shoobeedoobee

Magandang umaga sa inyong lahat! :)

So mom, you requested that I send you a short thing about my mission and stuff. So here ya go (sorry if the English is really bad): 

The last (almost) eight months have been challenging. As a representative of the Lord Jesus Christ I have been scorned, laughed at, rejected, and despised. I have experienced a heartbreak every Sunday, when investigators refuse to honor commitments they so easily made. And yet I know that the sorrow I feel for them cannot compare to the Godly ache that our Father feels for each of His children, when they reject the Gospel of His Son, Jesus Christ. The world can be so dark sometimes, so dreary. But we are commanded to not be of the world. We have the ability to be bringers of light into the lives of those who may be burdened by sin and guilt, who may be in the darkest, most lonely time of their lives. And I have witnessed the redeeming power of the Atonement of our Savior and Master Jesus Christ in their lives. My favorite verse in the Doctrine and Covenants contains but seven words: "Light and truth forsake that evil one" (D&C 93:37). As members of His church you need to be a ray of light that pierces the darkness. It is a fact that where light exists, darkness cannot. If you share your testimony with someone that is a ray of light and truth in their life where darkness cannot hold sway. As full-time missionaries we need the Saints of this church. This church is not organized with the full-time missionaries on one side and the ecclesiastical portion on the other. But we are One. One in bringing others into the Fold. Work as one! The Elders need you, (and I hear there are Sisters now too), the work cannot be done without you! Give referrals, go out and work with them, add a witness to their testimonies that you know this message can bless their lives, fellowship the people they bring to church. Doing so will change the work. I so testify in the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ, amen. :)

So I hope that's sufficient. I don't know how long you wanted it mom but hopefully it'll do. Anyway! My week has been a lot better, a lot of hard work. I've been pushing my companion hard, getting some baptisms set up next month for him. It's about 90% certain I'll transfer next transfer date because after his 12-week training he leads the area with a new companion, showing the new Elder the area and getting it set up for when he eventually transfers. We only had one investigator attend church yesterday, but we're really excited about her. She's 19, and her sister's a very strong member in the ward. And dad as for Ilocano, I've picked up a bit from my companion ;) And yes I absolutely love training! My trainee is so humble and can relate really well to people because he's a convert from the Catholic church. About 75% of people here are Catholic (might be a little dramatic, not too sure, but there's a heck of a lot of them). So it works really well! 

How are you guys? How's the family? I hope you guys are all right. That's cool the girls are on break. Gosh time goes by so fast! It seems like last week their summer break was ending. Wow..You guys have any plans? Anyway, hope you guys have a fun time :) I miss you all so much! Hey, please tell me what's going on in the world hahaha I feel so left out. ;) Dad that's cool you're going to Singapore this week! That'll be interesting! Aleigha it's good you've been staying busy. Sorry I don't have too much time I kinda thought about what I was writing for that thingamajig (Google counts that as a word??). So I gotta run, we're going to some waterfalls in a couple hours I'm really excited for :) I love you all so much! Mom thank you so much for sending a package :D:D I am so excited!! I love you family! 

Mahal Ko Kayo, 

Elder Kendric Rand


1 comment:

  1. Dear One,
    How you have grown in light and truth! You look really really good; more importantly you sound good! Thank you for being a young lion and working so hard to gather scattered Isreal. I love you!
    Sis Harmer

    ReplyDelete