Monday, July 22, 2013

The Power of the Priesthood

Fam-fam! 

It was awesome hearing from you all, thanks :) Mom that was an awesome story you wrote to me, about how this life is just a speck in the eternal perspective. And seriously, lately I've been thinking about how fast this life is going to go by...like, two years is nothing! Ahhh does it seem fast to you guys, looking back at your lives? Thanks for your strength mom :) I love and appreciate you soo much! 

Dad, that's so sweet you're going to Defcon again! Ahhh I really want to get into a job field like you. And that's cool the missionaries gave you a blessing for your sickness! Speaking of which..

This week we had a manifestation of just how real the Authority we hold is. So last Sunday we went to an investigator's house. She had a sister there who was really, really sick, and pregnant, and she was like "Hey, last week you taught me Joseph Smith had the Power of God restored to him. You guys hold that too don't you? Could you heal my sister?" We answered, we can, but she needs to have faith necessary to be healed. So we went into this woman's room, and explained who we are, what we do, and the purpose of our calling, and that we hold the Priesthood of God, the same power that existed in the church when Christ taught in His personal ministry. The same power he gave to his Apostles. And so she was like "I know you can heal me". We gave her a blessing. The Spirit was sooo strong. We returned two days after and she was up and about, and perfectly fine. She had just gotten back from a doctor's appointment who told her that somehow, miraculously, she was healed! After that we started teaching her, and at the end she said "You men truly hold Power from God." It was just like "BAM!" I can't help but think of the scripture in Alma 26:12, the one that should be on my plaque:

 12 Yea, I know that I am anothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will bnot boast of myself, but I will cboast of my God, for in his dstrength I can do all ethings; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Truly we are nothing without Him, but with Him all things are possible. It was such a fantastic experience! Man...so anyways, that was my experience this week. Thanks for all of your love and support! I love and miss you all sooo much. Please tell Aleigha that she needs to be confident in herself, because she is truly beautiful and fun to be around! :) I love you all! 

Mahal Ko Kayo,

Elder Kendric Rand ;) 

---





1 comment: