Monday, May 27, 2013

This week's letter & pix

Well hi!

How is the fam-fam? I'm so jealous you are going to San Diego! Oh my gulay, and Aleigha had better like Havasupai ;) So school's out now right? Shelbi's graduated..that's weird. High school feels like so long ago, haha. So Caitlin's engaged, what's up with Kimo? I haven't heard anything about him or from him since before the MTC. Is he married yet? Hahaha..

So this week was pretty cool. We got a referral for a..I don't want to say perfect, but very ideal family. They all just want to know about the Gospel and it is so cool. So we have five new investigators in that family alone, and then we talked to three guys in a cornfield who all seem very promising. This month Alfred is scheduled to be baptised! So we're trying very very hard to teach and support him. We have four other investigators with baptismal dates set, but the hard part is getting them to go to church. Butttt we'll see...

Ah so for leading the area, I fill out the progress records every week, I update our area book, plan out our days and who we will focus on, I coordinate with our ward mission leader and bishop, and just other small things like that. It's not too big of a deal anymore, and I know our area really well now.

Hey mom, thanks for sending the package! Did you talk to Sis. Bell about how to? I'm so flippin' excited to get it oh my gulay. And dad thanks for sending the flashdrive with it! Whooo hot dog I'm excited :D

Well parents, how are you guys doing? It's almost your birthdays!! Wow. How old will you be? That's exciting huh? Maile's birthday is getting close too! How old will you be Maile? 10? That cray. Hahah joke. So is volleyball over or are you still playing? That is so cool, I really miss volleyball. Definitely one of my favorite parts of the MTC ;) And the food! I miss American food soo bad! I would kill for a Nico's burrito right now. Kill. Hahaha just kidding ;) Not a whole lot of new food this week, just same ol' same ol'. My new comp has been teaching me how to cook which is awesome. I can cook adobo, eggplant with egg (I don't remember the Pinoy name for it) fried rice (Pinoy style), bomb diggidy omellettes, and this week he's teaching me how to make bihon and lumpia! :) Bomb.org, that's what's up.

So anyways, I'm running out of time. But I love you all sooo much! Thank you for all of your support, I really can't imagine being here without support from home. My companions father died while he was a year into his mission, but he decided to serve until the end. I can't even imagine that. He is such a good example to me.

Anyways, enjoy America. I love you guys! Oh could you please send me Kimo's contact info? I guess email or something, whatever would be the best way to talk to him. Thanks! Farewell, until next week!

Mahal Kita!

Elder K.H. Rand

---






No comments:

Post a Comment