Sunday, May 5, 2013

Gang fight, frog adobo and 'killer' rooster

Hello! So this week has been more awesomer for sure ;) Uhmm...let's see. I saw a barangay fight! That was pretty scary. Basically two..not gangs, but like family..clans? I guess you could say? They meet in the middle of the barangay and duke it out. That was freaky, because we didn't know what was going on at first so we're just strolling through the middle of this fight that's about to start hahaha yeah I guess we were a little naive. There was like a little division that we were walking through between these two different crowds of people facing each other. Hm. 

This week I also learned two new dances from the little kids we teach! Do you guys have the Gentleman in America? That's one, and then Zombie Ganggnam Style ;) Oh yeah...

Let's see...Oh, so I ate frog yesterday! Yeah, so if it's something weird, I've learned they just make it into adobo, and eat it. So I had frog adobo yesterday. Hahaha it was so weird.

So next week is Mother's Day! So I think we are either skyping Monday, but maybe Tuesday. Because Monday is election day, which I guess gets NUTS here and we don't know if we're allowed out of our house that day, and the internet cafes might not be open, so possibly Tuesday. We'll ask the lady here if she's open next Monday, so I'll get back to you after this email. It will be around this time, maybe an hour or so earlier. We will see. 

Oh man, I woke up this morning craving lucky charms! I really miss milk, and cereal hahaha kinda pathetic but sooo true. Oh! So yesterday, we were walking through this little jungle path, and there was this crashing noise. Something was jumping from tree to tree, and it was getting closer and closer, and I was thinking "OH GOSH WE'RE GOING TO DIE" and so I start booking it the other way, and Elder Cope starts laughing and laughing, and I look back, it's a friggin rooster just jumping from tree to tree, in the middle of the jungle. I was so mad. 

Soo..the language is coming still, there are so many wordssss I still can't have a long conversation with someone. Teaching is going really well though. We are teaching a very promising investigator named Alfred, and we're super excited because he actually came to church yesterday! This is the first progressing investigator since I have been here who has actually kept the commitment to come to church! So we're really excited about this. 

Okay family, I love you all very very much. Except you Jael, Shelbi says you were making fun of me. So whatever. But everyone besides Jael, I love you and hope you are doing well :) Thank you so much parents for all you do for me. I can't wait to talk to you next week! 

---

So this is me with a one-day old goat, and we were going for the cover of one of the pamphlets we use to teach the Restoration ;) 























---

So this is us at a community service project, and then me harvesting coconuts...






No comments:

Post a Comment