Sunday, April 28, 2013

Lots of pictures!

So these are just a few of the..."culturally-different" things I have eaten in Philippines. The first picture is adobo, but made with...paang manok, which being interpreted is "chicken feet" instead of meat. That was interesting, because there's not really any meat, just tendons (which is like eating a rubbery noodle hahaha) and skin. And then the second picture is fried fish stomach! It was my first experience with street food, and I'm not too fond of it hahaha, Elder Cope has tried getting me to eat isaw, which is grilled chicken intestines, but I think I'll wait a few more months to try that.




Sige, so I figured out how to make pictures be smaller in size, but they are very pixelated if you zoom in so sorry, but that's how I need to send them. The internet is better here in Paniqui, but I'm not here all the time :( Sooo...this is Jimboy! He is such a cool little kid, he's fourteen and just got baptized by Bro. Jun. Jun just got called to be our ward mission leader, and he's 19! He's preparing to go on a mission which is so cool because he's super strong in the Gospel. We've been teaching Jimboy for a while, but he was super prepared to hear us, and he has been friends with Jun and his family for a while. Jun was converted just last year. 




So this is, left to right, me, E. Cope, Wick and Olila. Tapos ng ibang picture is at the mission office where we have our mission logo. :) 



So the first pic is the view from our apartment. The next picture is me and Cope cooking adobo! And the next pic is me on our balcony. I don't know if you can see in the picture but my belt is called a "carabao belt", and it's made from polished water buffalo horn :) The last pic is me in my hammock, which was the best $3 I have ever spent ;) 






Astiggg hahaha dito, this is how we deal with mosquitos and flies! Hahaha :) 



Soo, yesterday was officially one month in my area! Woo hoo! So yeah, I'm pretty excited about that. Uhmm..it was a pretty average week, I don't have a whole lot to say. Uhmm..so I guess I can talk a bit about the Philippines. Tag-ulan has just barely started, but won't get intense until hopefully late next month. We had our first storm two days ago and it was terrible teaching in the rain hahaha. No one here likes the rain because you just get wet at the start of your day, and stay wet until you get home at 9:30p.m. So we'll see how it goes ;) So frogs are to the Philippines, as what rabbits are to Vail. As in they are EVERYWHERE and they breed like rabbits. And they get HUGE. Haha my comp says it tastes like chicken, and I guess there's a restaurant here that advertises fried chicken, but it's actually fried...frog. Hmm..ano pa..ay! That's sweet you got my letters! That didn't take very long at all. I sent more today, but I only had enough money to send Shelbi's, but next week I have a stack of letters to send you guys. Hahaha so Elder Bell was telling me about some of the weird things he's eaten, and one of them was goat intestines, but they weren't cleaned out :P Bleh. And then one guy had I think pig intestines, stuffed with chicken intestines. Inception..intestiception. Hahahaha eww. Anyway. 

So how's life in AZ everyone? I never thought I would miss the dry heat of AZ as much as I do now. It is soooo humid here. Like, I will just be sitting on the couch reading the Book of Mormon, and I'll break out in sweat. Oh speaking of which, I finished the Book of Mormon this week, and I've started reading it in Tagalog, and doing the thing he did on "The Other Side of Heaven". I also got a Tagalog bible here which is cool to read, and some people won't listen to you unless you quote bible. 

So that's my life, I have like an hour left of emailing time so I'll try to write you guys individual letters for once! :) I'm sorry, I feel like this letter was boring, so I'll try to be more awesome this week ;) Haha I love and miss you all so much, I hope you are being safe! Parents, thank you for all you do, I love you :) 

Love, 

Elder Kendric Rand


No comments:

Post a Comment