Tuesday, March 12, 2013

5 Mar 2013

Kumusta po kayo pamilya ko? (And Shelbi ;))

As I have come to know, the days are long, but the weeks are SHORT. Time is flying by here, but the days are a drag to get through. I cannot wait to get to the Philippines. 

So our district is made up of 12 Elders, no Sisters. We are one of the few, and it is nice because the guys are focused (most of the time). Four of us are going to Angeles (the land of the chosen) and the others are going to Bagiuo. Interesting thing though! We were wondering why so many were assigned there, and roughly half of them are going to be opening a new mission in the Philippines. So that's pretty cool! 

OH. Important thing. In the Philippines they don't have addresses so I won't get your letters until each time I transfer, which can be up to 2 months. You send them to the mission home and then I get them when I go to a new district. 

Uhmm...let's see...

Oh! So Elder Vaitai has been diagnosed with a AVM, which I guess is a pool of blood that forms in his brain when he exerts himself. We found out because his right half of his body started going numb after playing volleyball. So! He's headed to Salt Lake today to get something done for it. I guess when he was in Tonga (he's had the condition since birth) they would tell him to suck it up and take a Tylenol so he's never known about it. And he's never had a CAT Scan before, which is how they found it. Anyway, we gave him a blessing and we'll know he'll be all right. 

So at M. Russell Ballard's devotional, he made an apostolic blessing to us and it was sooo awesome. I have a copy of what he said, I'll try and get a copy sent over to you. I am so humble for the opportunity I had to sing to him. Choir is definitely one of the funnest things at the MTC. And I am learning Tagalog hymns too! :) They sound funky but they're really cool. Oh and I'm singing in an all-men's choir, "Ye Elder's of Israel". 

So in the pics I attached the wrestler action figure is what we found in our room's Narnia chute, which is the air vents that you can pull off and hide things in for the next people who come into your room. Oh! That's another thing, they put another bed in our room so there will be SIX FRIGGIN MISSIONARIES in one room. Eww. Hahaha! 




In the pics, the white dude I'm with is my kasama. The Tongan dude who is just staring at the camera awkwardly is Elder Vaitai. Hahaha and the other one throwing sign language up is Elder Tuivaiti. They're all really cool guys.





I'll send another email with more pics! The limit is 25mb so I gotta split them up sorry.

Aleigha how are you doing?? Are you bummed about Carmel? It's okay, you guys will get a cooler better dog ;) How's school? Are your classes hard? Oh!!! I HEARD YOU WENT ON A DAAAATEEEE!! ;) Was it fun?? Are you and xxxxxx married yet? ;) Joke lang! Oh I don't know if I told you guys this yet, but that's how Philo's say just kidding. They hold the peace sign against their cheek and yell "Joke lang!!" hahaha it looks rediculous.

Maile, what about you? How are your studies going? Thanks for your letter :) It made me really happy getting it! 

Dad, that's cool about doing work with the church! And I'm glad you still have a hunting buddy. Oh Elder Mortensen's first name is Cade. 





Shelbi, how is Las Vegas?? I think you're there now right? Please please please please be safe! Oh! And please send me pictures! Salamat nobya :) 

Okay I'm running out of time so if this letter sounds short or impersonal I really don't mean it to be, I am just trying to get everything said and sent. I love and miss you all so much! Send me stuff! It's nice ;) Hahaha joke lang! But seriously, thanks for the packages mom :) Love you! Oh please please please forward these to Shelbi's emails! Salamat :) 

Oh I want to bear you my testimony in Tagalog: 

Alam ko po na totoo ang aklat ni mormon. Alam ko po na totoong propeta po si Joseph Smith. Isinalin po si Joseph Smith ng aklat ni mormon sa pamamagitan ng kapangyarihan ng Diyos. Alam ko po na tagapagligtas po si Jesucristo. Alam ko po na totoo po ang Simbahan ni Jesucristo ng mga banal sa mga huling araw. Sa pangalan ni Jesucristo, amen. 

{Tim's note, this isn't too bad based on Google Translate: "I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that am a true prophet Joseph Smith. Please Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon by the power of God. I know Jesus Christ as Savior please. I know to be true are the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saint. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."}

No comments:

Post a Comment